Accubid Enterprise Estimating Application Training (2 day)
Summary | Training Modules
This training course affords participants an opportunity to learn the basic features and functions of the Accubid Enterprise Estimating application. The learning objectives focus on equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively use these applications in their workplaces. The instruction takes place in an instructor-led classroom with an effective approach that combines demonstrations with hands-on practical exercises to reinforce learning. The instruction is delivered over 2 consecutive days.
Upon successful completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the workflow through Accubid software
- Create and modify default jobs.
- Create and modify job files.
- Create and modify Designation takeoffs.
- Perform takeoff using all available modes of takeoff (spec.-driven and non spec.-driven).
- Work effectively with the features in the Extension screen.
- Effectively close an estimate by completing data entry in all the screens between Field Labor through to Quoted Material.
- Complete an estimate on the Final Pricing screen.
- Demonstrate the ability to create multiple bid summaries.
Summary | Training Modules
Module 1 – Introduction to Accubid Enterprise
- The basics of Enterprise platform features
- Familiarization of system icons
Module 2 – Orientation to Enterprise Manager
- Navigating main component area, Database Manager, Application and Security Manager
Module 3 – Working with the Job Schedule
- Create, modify and delete job folders in the Job Schedule screen.
- Effectively manage different job status types.
- Effectively demonstrate the freezing and unfreezing of jobs.
Module 4 – Starting a New Job
- Create, modify and delete jobs
- Create and manage screen layouts
Module 5 – Takeoff Screen Orientation
- Describe the workflow of Takeoff Screen
- Describe the different input methods that are available in the takeoff screen
- Customize views in the Takeoff screen.
Module 6 – Material Takeoff
- Perform material takeoff using specification and non-specification driven approaches.
- Perform takeoff job items and assemblies
- Perform designation type takeoffs
- Create and apply typical takeoffs
- Describe the approach to factoring labor using labor factoring
Module 7 – Audit Trail
- Resolving takeoff
- Filtering the audit trail
- Copying, pasting, modifying, and deleting existing takeoffs
- Changing takeoff breakdowns
Module 8 – Extension Screen
- Extending material price and labor values
- Describe the multiple types of views in the Extension screen
- Modify extended labor values through a re-extension
- Filtering and grouping the Extension screen
- Viewing alerts and alert rules
- Calculate a unit price
Module 9 – Completing a Bid
- Review all bid closing screens
- Field Labor
- Incidental Labor
- Labor Factoring
- Labor Escalation
- Indirect Labor
- General Expenses
- Final Pricing
Module 10 – Introduction to Multiple Bid Summaries
- Create and modify multiple bid summaries
Duration of the Course: 2 days
Who Should Attend: Junior and Senior Estimators new to the software, Chief Estimators, Operational Management, and Construction Managers
Setting: Classroom, with dedicated computer workstations
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with their Accubid software before attending the class