Former electrical contractor Giovanni Marcelli founded Accubid in 1983. The company started as one man's dream and evolved into North America's leading solutions provider for contractors. During the early stages, Giovanni purchased a computerized estimating system and was disappointed with its lack of focus on the estimator's needs. He knew how to successfully estimate projects, and how he wanted an estimating system to function. Rather than compromise his proven estimating practices by conforming to computerized tools, he developed a system with the necessary checks and balances needed to draft an estimate efficiently and accurately. The first Accubid estimating system was introduced to the Canadian market in 1985.
On August 12th 2010, Trimble Navigations Limited acquired Accubid. This acquisition brings together two industry leaders with synergetic market strategies and product offerings. Trimble's Building Construction Division is aggressive in developing innovative industry leading products and solutions that service the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) trades.
For Accubid, the acquisition by Trimble provides a long-term business partner with a common culture, shared vision, a successful track record, excellent reputation for quality products, and a global footprint.
From its inception, Accubid has been committed to building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships. Our clients are our primary focus, and our greatest external asset. Our commitment to their success today ensures our position in the marketplace tomorrow.
Our employees are our greatest internal assets. We have a strong family oriented corporate culture. We trust each other, we help each other, we work hard, and we play hard. We maintain our leadership position by doing what's right for our clients and employees. This combination is the reason for our success.
Taking the extra step needed to foster long-term relationships, each and every client becomes part of the Accubid family and is never forgotten after a sale has occurred.
Steps we take to build long-term relationships:
- Belong to various trade associations.
- Provide responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable product support.
- Provide sincere and professional sales consultants
- Offer courses, seminars, and labs with a strong industry focus.
- Publish Extensions, our monthly educational newsletter
- Active participation in industry events—Accubid will always be a partner. We participate in industry trade associations, and provide educational resources and programs to promote best practices.
- We share our expertise to improve the industry and make it more prosperous and profitable.
- Accubid is not just another software vendor; it's an industry partner.
- Trimble MEP Transition
- Message from our Founder
- « About Accubid
- Executive Team
- Press Releases